In the 2016/2017 season Gunnedah Little Athletics trialled our first season of the Tiny Tots program.
The program was extremely successful, with the limited number of places filling quickly & all feedback throughout the season was very positive.
We will be running the program again for the 2017/2018 season, albeit with a few changes to how the program will operate.
The tiny tots program is designed to provide younger children with an introduction to athletic events, as well as fun play based activities.
- Tiny tots will be open to children born between 1 October 2012 & 30 September 2014
- Numbers will be capped at 30 children, with the group broken up into 3 smaller groups that will rotate between the events
- Registration opens on 1 August 2017
- Registration fees will be the same as older athletes, with family registrations being – 1 athlete $95, 2 athletes $190, 3 athletes $280, 4 athletes $370, 5 athletes $460
- Tiny tots activities will commence at 4.30pm each competition Wednesday & conclude at 5.15pm (shade areas will be utilised during hot weather)
- The program is yet to be finalised, however it is expected that the program will consist of 4 events each week, being a track event, a field event, a novelty event & a game. One event each week will be timed / measured & recorded
- The tiny tots season will consist of the same amount of competition nights as the general competition (refer season calendar)
- Tots parents will be expected to assist on all competition nights. A separate roster will be in operation to the general competition roster & duties will include (but not limited to):
- Setting up equipment
- Supervision of children
- Field event assistance (measuring, raking, fetching)
- Time keeping
- Packing away equipment